Helpful Voting Links — Alaska
Don't miss your next election! If you are registered for Alaska's Permanent Fund Dividend program at your current address, you are automatically registered to vote. Upcoming elections include primary election on August 21, 2018 and local, state and congressional elections will be held November 6, 2018
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (866) 952-8683
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Alaska
In order to participate in the Republican primary Alaskan voters must be registered as Republicans or unaffiliated voters. All other parties hold open primaries. Visit the Alaska Democratic Party and Republican Party websites for party specific information and procedures.
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Alaska
Voter ID Requirements — Alaska
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Signed voter ID card
- Driver’s license
- State ID card
- Military ID card
- US Passport
- AK hunting or fishing license
- Other current or valid photo identification (including student ID*)
- If name and address are included:
- Current utility bill or paycheck
- Government check or bank statement, or other government-issued document
* According to phone call with the state on 10/19/2012See ID Requirements for All States
Early & Absentee Voting — AlaskaRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: Aug. 6th to Aug. 19th
You can vote in person at your Regional Election's Office from Aug. 6th to Aug. 19th before the election. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail or electronic transmission, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than Aug. 11th. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked or transmitted by the day before the election.