Helpful Voting Links — Illinois
Don't miss your next election! Illinois will hold primary elections on March 17, 2020 and its general election on November 3, 2020.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (217) 782-4141
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Illinois
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Illinois
Voter ID Requirements — Illinois
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Copy of a current and valid photo ID,
- Copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other federal, State, or local government document showing your name and address.
- Lease or contract for residence
- Government Document
- Student ID: Along with either a copy of your contract or lease for your residence, or postmarked mail delivered to your current address.
Early & Absentee Voting — IllinoisRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: February 6th to March 16th
You can vote in person at designated locations from February 6th to March 16th before the election. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than March 12th. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be received by election day.