Helpful Voting Links — Georgia
Do not miss your next election! Many states will hold local and state elections in 2019. Visit your state website for local election dates and deadlines.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (404) 656-2871
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Georgia
No party affiliation is required at registration to participate in the Georgia primary. However, unaffiliated voters will be asked to declare an oath of intent to affiliate with the party on primary election day. See Georgia Republican Party or Democratic Party sites for more details.
In order to participate in primary runoff elections, registration must be completed by the registration deadline for the primary.
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Georgia
Voter ID Requirements — Georgia
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Georgia drivers’ license (which can be expired)
- A valid U.S. passport
- A valid employee ID card from the federal or any level of Georgia government
- A military ID
- A tribal identification card
- Any other photo ID card issued by any agency of the state or federal government, including a Georgia voter ID card
- Student ID: If you go to a public college or university in Georgia, you will be able to use your student ID
Early & Absentee Voting — GeorgiaRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: October 15th to November 5th
You can vote in person (called "Advanced Voting") from October 15th to November 5th at locations designated by your county. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) by November 2nd. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be received by election day.