Acceptable ID Types for Delaware
Voter ID is not required to vote in Delaware, but poll workers will ask you to show proof of identity. If you do not show ID, you must fill out a form before you can vote. It is recommended that you bring a valid ID as showing ID makes the voting process faster and reduces mistakes.
Valid Voter IDs include:
- Delaware Drivers License or State ID
- U. S. Passport
- Signed Polling Place or Social Security Card
- Signed vehicle registration
- Signed credit card with photo
- A similar document that identifies the person by photo or signature
Voter ID Details
What happens when you go to vote without an ID
You will be asked to fill out a form, and then will be able to cast your vote.
Trans and Non-Binary Voters
Click here for state specific information for updating your ID and voter registration.