Many states now require Voter ID at the polls in order to vote. Find out your state's ID requirements so you know what to bring with you to cast your ballot.
Do all voters need ID?
ID required for first time voters?
ID required when voting absentee?
Acceptable ID Types for Delaware
Voters in Delaware must show ID at the polls to vote. Accepted IDs include:
- Signed polling place card, if the card is not current voter must show proof of address
- Signed social security card
- Delaware driver’s license
- Delaware state ID
- Delaware car registration with your voting address
- Current lease
- Signed credit card with photo
- Student ID if it has photo or signature
- A similar document that identifies the voter by photo or signature (includes out of state driver's license or state ID)
Voter ID Details
What happens when you go to vote without an ID
You can vote using a provisional ballot.
Trans and Non-Binary Voters
Click here for state specific information for updating your ID and voter registration.
More Questions? Get Chat Help
Visit our friends at VoteRiders for detailed state specific information. (Note: this link will take you to the VoteRiders chatbot on Facebook Messenger.)