Helpful Voting Links — Texas
Don't miss your next election! Texas holds its primary election on March 3, 2020. The deadline for registering to vote for the primary is February 3, 2020. The general election is November 3, 2020.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (800) 252-VOTE
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Texas
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Texas
Voter ID Requirements — Texas
What forms of ID are acceptable?
In September 2016 Texas amended their photo ID requirement to allow voters without ID to provide a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, explaining why they were unable to secure a photo ID. They will then be allowed to vote.
Voters that have and of the photo IDs listed below are required to present them at the polls:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
Early & Absentee Voting — TexasRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: February 18th to 28th
You can vote in person at any early voting location in your county from February 18th to 28th before the election. No excuse required.
To vote by mail, first you’ll need to apply for a ballot (click here) no later than February 21st. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked by the day before the election.
You’ll need to give an excuse to vote by mail ballot. Info here on what qualifies.