HeadCount.org, a non-profit organization that stages large scale voter registration drives at concerts and other public gatherings, offers field internships to college students interested in political organizing. We provide a unique opportunity to learn leadership and organizing skills, while mobilizing fellow students and also experiencing great music!
Interns will set up voter registration tables at their campuses and educate their campus community about voting regulations that affect students, while also working directly with local concert venues and concert promoters to stage voter registration at live music events. You will be closely supervised via weekly check-in calls and a structured itinerary, but also have the freedom to manage your time independently and take a unique, original approach to leadership.
- Lead 12-15 voter registration drives at local concerts or campus events
- Learn local and national voter registration guidelines
- Participate in weekly conference calls
- Communicate directly with school officials to obtain authorization for all on-campus activity
- Recruit volunteers
- Be responsible for voter registration forms and their submission
- Create educational resources to inform campus on local elections and other voter information
- Participate in HeadCount’s digital media efforts
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Minimum of 15 hours per week
- Strong work ethic, maturity and accountability
- Natural leadership ability
- Ability to organize peers
Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents)
to [email protected] with “HeadCount Field Intern” in the subject line.