APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED for Spring 2023.
Students with an interest in politics, music or grassroots organizing can channel their passions by interning with HeadCount. This is an opportunity to get invaluable hand-on experience and make an important contribution to a dynamic and growing organization. Our interns work side-by-side with seasoned staffers and play an important role from day one.
College credit is available. Requires a minimum of 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, during business hours.
- Attend concerts events to register voters
- Create content (blogging, drafting and proofreading documents, social media, creating excel data sheets, research, compiling music playlists)
- Plan grassroots and community outreach volunteer programs
- Research election dates and deadlines, route voter registration forms to election boards, and communicate directly with voters
- Perform general non-profit management and administrative tasks, as needed
- Attend and take notes during calls and internal meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Nonprofit or social activist experience a plus
- Proficiency required in MS Office programs
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills required
This is an unpaid internship but college credit is available. Intern must be located in New York City or be able to work from a remote location. This is an excellent opportunity to hone your strategic operation skills while gaining valuable and high-profile experience in the political, music or nonprofit arenas. Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Field Internship” in the subject line.