Helpful Voting Links — West Virginia
Do not miss your next election! Many states will hold local elections in 2019. Visit your state\'s website for local election dates and deadlines.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (304) 558-6000
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — West Virginia
If you are registered with the Republican or Democratic party, you are only allowed to vote in their primaries. If you are unaffiliated with a political party, you may select either party's ballot at the polls and remain unaffiliated.
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — West Virginia
Voter ID Requirements — West Virginia
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Current and valid photo identification
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter
- A cell phone bill will be accepted as utility bills, and student housing bills from a public college or university will also be accepted as government documents. Online printouts will likely be accepted
- Student ID will be accepted if it contains a name and address
Early & Absentee Voting — West VirginiaRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: October 24th to November 3rd
You can vote in person at your county clerk's office from October 24th to November 3rd before the election. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here). Your application must be received by October 31st. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked by the day before the election.
You’ll need to give an excuse to vote by mail ballot. Info here on what qualifies.