Helpful Voting Links — Washington
Don't miss your next election! Washington is a vote-by-mail state. As long as your registration lists your current address you will receive a ballot. If you have moved please be sure to update your registration by the voter registration deadline. If you are registering to vote in Washington for the first time, you may register to vote in person up to 8 days before the election.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (800) 448-4881
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Washington
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Washington
Voter ID Requirements — Washington
What forms of ID are acceptable?
If a voter does not provide a Washington driver’s license, a Washington state identification card, or a social security number, the voter must provide an acceptable form of ID by the certification deadline, which is 21 days after the general election.
Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Valid photo ID
- Valid enrollment card of a federally recognized Native American tribe in Washington state
- Copy of a current utility bill
- Current bank statement
- Copy of a current government check
- Copy of a current paycheck
- Government document, other than a voter registration card, that shows both the name and address of the voter.
t.See ID Requirements for All States
Early & Absentee Voting — WashingtonRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: N/A
All registered voters in Washington receive a vote-by-mail ballot. No excuse required.
If you will not be at your residence and would like to have you ballot mailed to a different address, you may do so through the My Vote portal. Be sure to follow specific instructions so you do not effect your permanent address and registration.