Helpful Voting Links — Virginia
Don't miss your next election! Virginia's state elections, including the governor's race, will be held on November 7, 2017.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (800) 552-9745
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Virginia
What's on the ballot?
Governor, Lt Governor, House of Delegates and Local offices
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Virginia
Voter ID Requirements — Virginia
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Virginia voter registration card
- United States passport
- Virginia driver’s license
- Military ID
- Any other identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States
- Concealed handgun permit
- Any valid student ID card issued by any institution of higher education located in Virginia
- Employee identification card
A voter who does not bring an acceptable ID to the polls will be offered a provisional ballot. For more info in voting with a provisional ballot, click here.See ID Requirements for All States
Early & Absentee Voting — VirginiaRequest an Absentee Ballot
The primary election is June 13th, 2017 and the general election is November 7th.
For the primary, the deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you is 5:00PM on Tuesday, June 6, 2017. Your request must be received by your Registrar by 5:00PM.
Information on how to request and submit an absentee ballot can be found here. Whether it's in person or by mail, you'll need to give an excuse to vote by absentee ballot. Info here on what qualifies.