Helpful Voting Links — Virginia
Don't miss your next election! Virginia will hold local elections throughout 2019. Click here for a list of all upcoming elections. There is a statewide primary on June 11, 2019 and a general election on November 5, 2019.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (800) 552-9745
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Virginia
What's on the ballot?
Congressional offices, some local races and initiatives.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Virginia
Voter ID Requirements — Virginia
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Virginia voter registration card
- United States passport
- Virginia driver’s license
- Military ID
- Any other identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States
- Concealed handgun permit
- Any valid student ID card issued by any institution of higher education located in Virginia
- Employee identification card
A voter who does not bring an acceptable ID to the polls will be offered a provisional ballot. For more info in voting with a provisional ballot, click here.See ID Requirements for All States
Early & Absentee Voting — VirginiaRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting: TBD
In person absentee voting is available through your Registrar, click here to see hours at your local office. The deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you is 5:00PM on June 4th, 2019. Your ballot must be returned by election day, June 11th, 2019.
Information on how to request and submit an absentee ballot can be found here. Whether it's in person or by mail, you'll need to give an excuse to vote by absentee ballot. Info here on what qualifies.