Helpful Voting Links — Tennessee
Do not miss your next election! Many states will hold local elections in 2019. Visit your state\'s website for local election dates and deadlines.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (615) 741-7956
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Tennessee
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Tennessee
Voter ID Requirements — Tennessee
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Tennessee driver’s license with your photo (current or expired)
- U.S. Passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
- U.S. Military photo ID
- State-issued handgun carry permit with your photo
* First time voters who registered to vote by mail must bring a current photo identification with voter’s name and photo OR if the photo identification is expired, the voter must also present one of the following: a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows the voter’s name and address.
**Rule does not apply for those voting at licensed nursing homes, voters who are hospitalized, voters with a religious objection to being photographed, and voters who are indigent and unable to obtain a photo ID without paying a feeSee ID Requirements for All States
Early & Absentee Voting — TennesseeRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: October 17th to November 1st
You can vote in person at your county Election Commission's office from October 17th to November 1st before the election. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than October 30th. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be received by 6 pm on election day.
You’ll need to give an excuse to vote by mail absentee ballot. Info here on what qualifies.