Helpful Voting Links — New Jersey
Do not miss your next election! Many states will hold local and state elections in 2019. Visit your state website for local election dates and deadlines.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (609) 292-3760
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — New Jersey
Only registered voters affiliated with a particular party may vote in its primary, but unaffiliated voters may affiliate at the polls on the day of the primary. See New Jersey Republican Party or Democratic Party sites for more details.
What's on the ballot?
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — New Jersey
Voter ID Requirements — New Jersey
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Any current and valid photo ID, including:
- A driver’s license
- Student or employee photo ID
- Military or other government photo ID
- Store membership photo ID
- U.S. passport
- Any of the following documents if they have your name and address on them:
- Bank statement, car registration, government check or other document, non-photo driver’s license, rent receipt, sample ballot, utility bill (including cell phone bills and student housing bills), or any other official document (including other bills).
Early & Absentee Voting — New JerseyRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting: Ends November 5th at 3:00 pm (In person absentee)A voter may vote by mail by completing the Application for Vote Mail Ballot (found here) and returning the application to their County Clerk. To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the County Clerk 7 days prior to the election, the deadline for the general election is October 30th. The absentee ballot must be returned to the County Clerk by election day.
A voter may also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3:00PM, the day before the election. For more information click here.