Helpful Voting Links — Montana
Do not miss your next election! Many states will hold local elections in 2019. Visit your state\'s website for local election dates and deadlines.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (888) 884-VOTE
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Montana
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Montana
Voter ID Requirements — Montana
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Photo ID displaying your name is accepted
- Including a driver’s license,
- Student ID
- State ID
- Tribal ID.
- Current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, voter confirmation notice, government check, or other government document with your name and address
If the voter arrives to the polling place without any of the acceptable forms of identification, he or she may still vote by requesting and filling out a “Polling Place Elector ID” form, or voting with a provisional ballot. For more information on these, click here.See ID Requirements for All States
Early & Absentee Voting — MontanaRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: October 9th to November 5th (In person absentee)
In person absentee voting is available for 25 days before any election on Montana without an excuse. Visit your local elections office to pick up an absentee ballot package from October 9th to November 5th at noon.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than November 5th at noon. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be received by 8 pm the day of the election.