Helpful Voting Links — Mississippi
Don't miss your next election! Mississippi's primary election will be held on March 10th, 2020,
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (800) 829-6786
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Mississippi
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Mississippi
Voter ID Requirements — Mississippi
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Mississippi driver’s license
- Identification card, including, but not limited to, an employee identification card containing a photograph of the elector, issued by a branch, department, agency or entity of the State of Mississippi
- United States passport
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the elector issued by any branch, department, agency or entity of the United States government
- Mississippi license containing a photograph of the elector to carry a pistol or revolver
- Tribal identification card containing a photograph of the elector
- United States military identification card containing a photograph of the elector
- Student identification card, containing a photograph of the elector, issued by an accredited college, university or community or junior college in the State of Mississippi
- Mississippi Voter Identification Card Photo identification issued by any branch, department, agency or entity of the United States government or any state government including, but not limited to, a driver’s license issued by a state other than Mississippi
Early & Absentee Voting — MississippiRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: Vary by county
You can vote in person at your clerk's office before the election using an absentee ballot. Start dates vary by county; all early voting ends on March 9th at 5pm. Excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here). Mississippi does not have a deadline to apply for a ballot, however, we recommend you apply as early as possible. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be received by March 9th. Excuse required.