Helpful Voting Links — Massachusetts
There is nothing currently set for this field, please update this in the admin panel. Go to Admin Panel -> States -> Common Settings
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (617) 727-2828
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Massachusetts
If you are registered with the Republican or Democratic party, you are only allowed to vote in their primaries. If you are unaffiliated with a political party, you may select either party's ballot at the polls and remain unaffiliated. See Massachusetts Republican Party or Democratic Party sites for more details.
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Massachusetts
Voter ID Requirements — Massachusetts
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- A Massachusetts driver’s license or state ID card
- A utility bill
- A government-issued check
- A paycheck or paystub
- Any other official document bearing the voter’s name and address
- Please note that passports, birth certificates, naturalization papers, and student IDs without addresses are not acceptable forms of identification
*The state encourages first time voters to bring identification with proof of MA residency to the polling place, as well.See ID Requirements for All States
Early & Absentee Voting — MassachusettsRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: TBD, check your local elections office
The 2016 general election will be Massachusetts' first election with early voting. Check here for dates and locations.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than Nov. 7th at noon. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked by the day before the election.