Helpful Voting Links — Iowa
Do not miss your next election! Many states will hold local and state elections in 2019. Visit your state website for local election dates and deadlines.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (515) 281-8849
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Iowa
Only voters who are registered with a particular party may vote in its caucus, but voters may change party affiliation on the day of the caucus. See Iowa Republican Party or Democratic Party sites for more details, including caucus sites.
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Iowa
Voter ID Requirements — Iowa
What forms of ID are acceptable?
You may be asked to show identification if:
- You have registered to vote after January 1, 2003 and have never voted in a Primary or General election in your county
- Your right to vote has been challenged
- The precinct election officials do not know you
- You have moved from where you are registered to vote
- You are registering to vote on election day
- Iowa driver’s licence
- Iowa non-driver ID card
- U.S. passport
- U.S. military ID
- ID card issued by employer
- Student ID issued by Iowa high school or college
- Residential lease
- Current utility bill (including cell phone bill)
- Current bank statement
- Current paycheck or government check
- Other current government document
Early & Absentee Voting — IowaRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: October 8th to November 5th
You can vote in person at your county auditor's office before the election, using an absentee ballot, from October 8th to November 5th. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than October 27th. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be received by election day.