I just got married and changed my last name. Should I re-register?

YES. You should register a “change of name” form while filling out a voter registration application here. This is a part of the voter registration form in most states and on the national form. For Election Day you should bring along your ID with your new name and address, or your old name and address and a copy of your marriage certificate/change of name form.

Get Your Voice Heard

Sign up for election content