Acceptable ID Types for Michigan
You do not need a photo ID to vote in Michigan. If you lack any valid form of identification, you may sign an affidavit at the polls. Valid forms of identification include;
- Michigan driver’s license or state-issued ID card
- An out-of-state driver’s license or state-issued ID card
- Any other federal or state government-issued photo ID card
- A current U.S. passport
- A current military ID card
- A current Tribal identification card with photo
- A current student ID card from a high school or an accredited college
What happens when you go to vote without an ID
If you do not have a photo ID or forget to bring it with you to the polls, you can sign an affidavit and then vote your ballot.
Trans and Non-Binary Voters
Click here for state specific information for updating your ID and voter registration.