Acceptable ID Types for District of Columbia
Voters in DC are not required to show ID at the polls, except for some first time voters who did not submit required ID information with their voter registration form.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Current and valid photo ID
- Current lease or utility bill with your address
- Bank statement with your address
- Government-issued check with your address
- Paycheck/stub with your name and address
- Other government-issued document that shows your name and address
- Student ID
Voter ID Details
If voting by mail, the voter does not need to submit ID, except for some first-time voters if they neglected to submit required ID information on their voter registration form.
What happens when you go to vote without an ID
You can vote via provisional ballot.
Trans and Non-Binary Voters
Click here for state specific information for updating your ID and voter registration.