Helpful Voting Links — Ohio
Don't miss your next election! Cleveland, Cincinnati, and other local elections throughout the state will be held on November 7, 2017.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (614) 466-2585
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Ohio
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Ohio
Voter ID Requirements — Ohio
What forms of ID are acceptable?
For Ohio Voter I.D. purposes “current” means the document was issued less than one year before the date of the election, or has an expiration date which has not passed.
- Current and valid photo ID which must show your address (but if you show an Ohio driver’s license, your address does not need to be current);
- A military identification; or
- An original or copy of a current utility bill; or
- An original or copy of a current bank statement; or
- An original or copy of a current government check; or
- An original or copy of a current paycheck; or
- An original or copy of a current other government document, other than a voter registration acknowledgement notification mailed by the board of elections, that shows the voter’s name and current address.
- A voter presenting an Ohio driver’s license that shows the voter’s former address is permitted to cast a regular ballot so long as the voter’s current residential address is printed in the official poll list of registered voters for that precinct.
Early & Absentee Voting — OhioRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: Oct. 12th to Nov. 8th
You can vote in person at your county election's office from October 12th to Nov. 7th at 2:00 p.m. before the election. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than Nov. 5th at noon. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked by the day before the election.
Ohio recommends that you apply for an absentee ballot as early as possible.