Helpful Voting Links — North Dakota
There is nothing currently set for this field, please update this in the admin panel. Go to Admin Panel -> States -> Common Settings
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (701) 328-4146
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — North Dakota
North Dakota does not have voter registration. To participate in the Republican caucus you must be affiliated with the party. The Democratic caucus does not require affiliation. Visit the North Dakota Democratic Party and Republican Party websites for party specific information on caucus locations and procedures. Note that caucus will NOT be held at traditional polling locations.
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — North Dakota
Voter ID Requirements — North Dakota
What forms of ID are acceptable?
All of the following must include a residential address.
- North Dakota driver’s license or non-driver’s ID card
- An ID card from a federal agency
- An ID card issued by a tribal government
- A valid student ID from a ND college or university
- Long term care identification certificate (provided by ND facility)
Early & Absentee Voting — North DakotaRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: Sept. 29th to Nov. 7th
You can vote in person at your county election's office from Sept. 29th to Nov. 7th before the election. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here). North Dakota does not have a deadline to request an absentee ballot, however, we recommend that you request it at least one month before the election. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked by the day before the election.