Helpful Voting Links — Maine
Don't miss your next election! You may register to vote with valid ID on Election Day. Preregistration is recommended. Local, state, and congressional elections will be held on November 6, 2018.
- Register to Vote
- Check your registration status
- State Election Website
- State Election Dates
- Find your Polling Place
- See Your Ballot
- Absentee Ballot Instructions
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Felon Voting Laws
- Call the Election Office: (207) 624-7736
- County Election Offices
- County Government Information
Primary/Caucus Info — Maine
By party rules, only registered voters affiliated with a particular party may vote in its caucus. Please see Maine’s Democratic Party and Republican Party websites for details on caucus locations as they will differ from traditional polling places.
What's on the ballot?
Some congressional seats, state offices and constitutional amendments may be included on the ballot.
See Where Your Elected Officials Stand — Maine
Voter ID Requirements — Maine
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- A government-issued photo ID document or credential, including, but not limited to, a current and valid U.S. passport military ID, driver’s license, or state identification
- A government-issued identification document without a photograph, including, but not limited to, a certified birth certificate or a signed social security card
- Official document confirming eligibility for public benefits, a bank statement, a utility bill, government check, a paycheck or other government document that shows your name and current address
Early & Absentee Voting — MaineRequest an Absentee Ballot
Early Voting Dates: Start determined by Municipal Clerk to Nov. 8th
You can vote in person at your municipal clerk's office from at least 30 days before the election to November 8th at 8 p.m., using an absentee ballot. No excuse required.
To vote absentee by mail, first you’ll need to apply for an absentee ballot (click here) no later than Nov. 3rd. Then, when you complete your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked by the day before the election.