Advance (early voting) kicked off this for the January 5th US Senate runoff race in Georgia. HeadCount has several big initiatives in the works to help get out the vote.
Here are a few things we have going on:
- We’re supporting and uplifting two local grassroots orgs: Georgia Coalition for The People’s Agenda, and CivicGeorgia, and will be fundraising to benefit these orgs through a major livestream event produced in conjunction with Live For Live Music. Check out the incredible lineup featuring Diplo, Big Freedia, Dave Matthews, Portugal. The Man and more and donate at georgiacomesalive.com.
- We’ve teamed up with top hip-hop acts like 2 Chainz and Lil Yachty for several online promotions where Georgia residents can win a Tesla (2 Chainz) or attend a free drive-in concert (Lil Yachty) by requesting an absentee ballot or checking their registration status. Big shoutout to The Georgia Alliance for Progress and the Black Male Voter Project for organizing the concert.
- We’re also giving away rent for a year and holiday shopping sprees in similar promos via The Shade Room, Community, and #GoodtoVote.
- We’ll be underwriting a large scale street art project with Georgia-based artists, plus a big texting push to share voting resources with Georgians via the OutVote relational organizing texting app. We also sent over 1,000 American Eagle VOTE t-shirts to volunteers with various organizations including ProGeorgia.
- Lastly, if you would like to support organizations in Georgia, we encourage you to make a donation to The Georgia Coalition for the People’s Agenda here.
Runoff elections typically get much lower turnout than general elections. But… you can see that many organizations, entertainers, and media outlets are banding together to change that. We’re honored to be part of such a meaningful coalition.