HeadCount is hiring a full-time Outreach Director to oversee our national voter registration field campaign.
HeadCount (HC) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the power of music to register voters and promote participation in democracy.
We have a small, full-time staff based in New York City. However, the HC team is much larger than that – we have a network of 20,000 volunteers across the country who help us amplify and implement our message in over 40 major markets. Our volunteers are the heart of HC!
Our volunteer network is diverse in musical taste and background. Workforce diversity is integral to the effectiveness with which HC carries out its mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The position of Outreach Director is located in the New York City office and reports directly to the Managing Director. This is not your traditional 9-5 job and requires nontraditional hours and flexibility.
The Outreach Director is the direct link between HC’s massive volunteer base and staff. This position requires critical thinking and adaptability. Some of the duties include:
- Manage and support a national volunteer base of approximately 100 lead volunteers
- Field and resolve inquiries, and supply lead volunteers on an ongoing basis
- Recruit, manage, and support interns who work from our New York City office
- Represent HC and manage volunteer teams off-site at concerts and festivals throughout the year
- Take the initiative in developing and managing special project to expand organizational reach, efficiency and growth
- Promote diversity initiatives
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of voter registration requirements for all 50 states to ensure proper application of voter registration laws
- Oversee HC’s internal systems for routing and databasing voter registration forms
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate will be a team player that takes initiative and is able to adapt to stressful situations. Prior experience in politics and/or nonprofits is preferred. The candidate must be flexible and able to troubleshoot situations during non-office hours as many of our activities occur at evening concerts nationwide. Other traits we are seeing include:
- Demonstrated love of music and politics
- Experience with volunteer coordination – including: orientation, training, communications, recognition and support
- A high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build and develop relationships using the internet and phone with remote volunteers
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate, creative problem solver
- Excels at managing systems
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and kind towards others while under pressure
- Has a deep understanding of diverse music communities and audiences
- Salary is commensurate to experience and competitive with the non-profit sector
- Healthcare and 401K
- Flexible vacation
DEADLINES & CONTACT INFO:
To be considered, please send cover letter, resume & contact info for 3 references to [email protected].
Applications materials are to be received no later than January 10, 2018
HeadCount provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HeadCount complies with applicable state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HeadCount expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of HeadCount’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.