In addition to their Music for Relief track, the Dave Matthews Band is offering five previously unreleased live track for sale on its website. The Haiti Relief Project EP (and a limited-edition T-shirt) will benefit Dave Matthews's Bama Works Haiti Relief Fund. The EP costs only $5.
Moreover, proceeds from all other merchandise the band sells TODAY will also go to Haiti relief efforts.
The staff of Ants Marching, the Dave Matthews Band fan forum, helped select the versions the five songs that appear on the EP. The art, which also appears on the Haiti Relief Project T-shirt, was donated by designer Adam Larson of Adam+Company.)
The Haiti Relief Project features five previously unreleased live tracks from Dave Matthews Band. The collection kicks off with "Butterfly," a song Matthews wrote for the film Because of Winn Dixie and performed solo in this 2007 recording. It's followed by a 2004 version of "Cry Freedom" featuring a powerful performance from LeRoi Moore, the group's saxophonist, who passed away in 2008. Three tracks captured on the band's 2009 summer tour - "Out Of My Hands," "Lying In The Hands Of God" and "Dive In" - are also included.
And here's the track list:
1. Butterfly - recorded08.28.2007 / Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Kansas City / Bonner Springs, KS (Dave Matthews, solo)
2. Cry Freedom - recorded 07.31.2004 / Sound Advice Amphitheatre / West Palm Beach, FL
3. Out Of My Hands - recorded 07.19.2009 Alpine Valley Music Theatre / East Troy, WI
4. Lying In The Hands Of God - recorded 06.12.2009 / Saratoga Performing Arts Center / Saratoga Springs, NY
5. Dive In - recorded 09.10.2009 / Greek Theatre / Los Angeles, CA