Promote participation in democracy
Applications for Summer 2023 are now CLOSED.
Students with an interest in politics, music or grassroots organizing can channel their passions by interning with HeadCount. This is an opportunity to get invaluable hand-on experience and make an important contribution to a dynamic and growing organization. Our interns work side-by-side with seasoned staffers and play an important role from day one. Many of our interns have been offered and accepted full-time positions with HeadCount and others have landed jobs within the music industry and at other non-profits.
College credit is available. Requires a minimum of 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, during business hours.
- Research up-to-date election dates, laws and processes for all 50 states
- Research various topics related to elections (i.e. legislation regarding social issues)
- Create engaging ways to educate audiences about voting via social media
- Attend and take notes during calls and internal meetings
- Assist in writing and editing emails
- Assist in cross-departmental projects where voter information/research is needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Nonprofit or social activist experience a plus
- Proficiency required in MS Office and Google Workspace programs
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills required
This is an unpaid internship but college credit is available. Intern must be located in New York City or be able to work from a remote location. This is an excellent opportunity to hone your strategic operation skills while gaining valuable and high-profile experience in the political, music or nonprofit arenas. Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Voter Engagement Internship” in the subject line.