Promote participation in democracy
Applications for Summer 2023 are now CLOSED.
Students with an interest in Music Industry and live events can channel their passions by interning with HeadCount. This is an opportunity to get invaluable experience and make an important contribution to a dynamic and growing organization. Our interns work side-by-side with staffers and play an important role from day one. Many of our interns have been offered and accepted full-time positions with HeadCount and others have landed jobs within the music industry and at other non-profits.
College credit is available. Requires a minimum of 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, during business hours. Our office is located in the Garment District of Manhattan.
- Join the volunteer team(s) at concerts, festivals, sporting events, and partner activations, to register and inform voters
- Understand and internalize the many ways we work with corporate and brand partners, festivals and promoters, and online contesting platforms
- Join and take notes on partner calls, where appropriate
- Join and take notes on internal meetings with different HeadCount departments
- Content creation (blogging, drafting and proofreading documents, social media, creating excel data sheets, research, compiling music playlists)
- Grassroots and community partner outreach (volunteer program planning, conference calls)
- General non-profit management and administration
- Social Media tracking for partner impressions
- Join monthly organizer calls
- NYC-based required
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Nonprofit or social activist experience a plus
- Previous music or event experience is a plus
- Proficiency required in MS Office/Google Drive programs
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills required
This is an unpaid internship but college credit is available. Intern must be located in New York City. This is an excellent opportunity to hone your music industry skills while gaining valuable and high-profile experience in the political, music or nonprofit arenas. Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Partnerships and Events Intern” in the subject line.