Promote participation in democracy
Applications for Summer 2023 are now CLOSED.
Passionate about music, social activism, and eager to explore the world of nonprofit fundraising? We’re seeking dedicated interns to fuel our mission through effective fundraising strategies and initiatives. Join HeadCount and contribute your talents to a dynamic organization while learning the vital role of fundraising in nonprofit work. Students interested in Nonprofit Development will gain hands-on experience in cultivating donor relationships, crafting compelling stories to inspire action, and mastering documentation and organization to drive success.
College credit is available. Requires a minimum of 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, during business hours. This internship can be done remotely.
- Collaborate with the development team in researching and identifying potential major donors and corporate sponsors
- Support the planning and coordination of fundraising events, campaigns, and initiatives
- Maintain and update donor database, ensuring accuracy and completeness of records
- Prepare and send out donor acknowledgement letters and other correspondence as needed
- Assist in creating fundraising materials, including proposals, reports, and presentations
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to the overall strategy for major gifts and fundraising efforts
- Implement and track donor stewardship strategies and activities
- Provide general administrative support to the Development team as needed
- Enrolled in or recent graduate of a college or university program, preferably in a related field (nonprofit management, fundraising, communications, or business)
- Demonstrated interest in music, social activism, and nonprofit work
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office/Google Drive programs
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive donor information
This is an unpaid internship, but college credit is available. This is an excellent opportunity to hone your nonprofit development and fundraising skills while gaining valuable experience in the social activism and music arenas. Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Major Gifts & Fundraising Intern” in the subject line.