Students with an interest in politics, music or grassroots organizing can channel their passions by interning with HeadCount. This is an opportunity to get invaluable hand-on experience and make an important contribution to a dynamic and growing organization. Our interns work side-by-side with seasoned staffers and play an important role from day one. Many of our interns have been offered and accepted full-time position with HeadCount and others have landed jobs within the music industry and at other non-profits.
- Attending concerts and registering voters
- Content creation (blogging, drafting and proofreading documents, social media, creating excel data sheets, research, compiling music playlists)
- Grassroots and community outreach (volunteer program planning, conference calls)
- Artist relations (identifying potential artist partners, tracking concert schedules, coordinating events)
- Voter registration administration (researching election dates and deadlines, routing voter registration forms to election boards, communicating directly with voters)
- General non-profit management and administration.
College credit is available. Requires a minimum of 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, during business hours. Our office is located in the Garment District of Manhattan.
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Nonprofit or social activist experience a plus
- Proficiency required in MS Office programs
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills required
Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Music and Politics Internship” and semester in the subject line.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2021 fall semester. If you are interested in the spring internship, we are accepting applications until Mid-December. Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Music and Politics Internship – Spring 2022”.