Students with an interest in politics, music or grassroots organizing can channel their passions by interning with HeadCount. This is an opportunity to get invaluable hand-on experience and make an important contribution to a dynamic and growing organization. Our interns work side-by-side with seasoned staffers and play an important role from day one. Many of our interns have been offered and accepted full-time position with HeadCount and others have landed jobs within the music industry and at other non-profits.
- Attending concerts and registering voters
- Content creation (blogging, drafting and proofreading documents, social media, creating excel data sheets, research, compiling music playlists)
- Grassroots and community outreach (volunteer program planning, conference calls)
- Artist relations (identifying potential artist partners, tracking concert schedules, coordinating events)
- Voter registration administration (researching election dates and deadlines, routing voter registration forms to election boards, communicating directly with voters)
- General non-profit management and administration.
College credit is available. Requires a minimum of 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, during business hours. Our office is located in the Garment District of Manhattan.
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Nonprofit or social activist experience a plus
- Proficiency required in MS Office programs
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills required
Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “HeadCount Intern” in the subject line.