HeadCount is a non-partisan organization that uses the power of music to register voters and
promote participation in democracy. They reach young people and music fans where they
already are – at concerts and online – to inform and empower.
HeadCount stages nonpartisan voter registration drives at more than 1,000 live events each
year and collaborates with cultural leaders to promote civic engagement on a national scale.
Since 2004, HeadCount has signed up over 1,000,000 voters through work with touring
musicians like Ariana Grande, Dead & Company, and Beyoncé and events like Lollapalooza,
Bonnaroo, Pride Festivals and RuPaul’s DragCon. Their digital campaigns have won Clio and
SHORTY awards, and have starred the likes of Jay-Z, Dave Matthews, members of the Grateful
Dead and Brockhampton.
Over 100 festivals and touring artists work with HeadCount to bring voter registration to their
fans, and some organize larger Participation Row activism villages to highlight all their favorite
charities. HeadCount manages social impact programs for brands like Ben & Jerry’s, American
Eagle Outfitters and MTV, centered around civic engagement. HeadCount is also a national
partner of National Voter Registration Day, for which they orchestrate an annual social media
push featuring the likes of Ellen DeGeneres, John Legend, Stephen Colbert, and 50 Cent with a
collective reach of more than 1 billion followers.
About the Position
HeadCount is seeking freelance graphic design help to work on various projects including but not limited to social media graphics, infographics, sell sheets, maps, digital advertising, web graphics, graphical emails, presentations, reports, grant requests and print materials (display and booth materials as well as imprinted swag and apparel items).
- Proficient in Adobe creative suite – Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong Graphic Design skills
- Understanding of current design trends appealing to a younger audience as well as the ability to design for a corporate audience
- Strong understanding of design for print and design for digital applications
- The ability to work within branding guidelines while exercising creativity
- Must also be able to work independently, accurately, remotely and be available to deliver designs with very little lead time.
“Nice to have” Qualifications:
- Video editing
- Web design skills
- Illustration skills
- Passion for music, pop culture, theatre, and voting
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
The position is remote work-from-home on your own equipment. Some work will have a short turnaround of less than 24 hours so we would love daily availability or set times that you can work on these projects.
10-20 hours a week expected workload. Compensation negotiable depending on skills and experience. (Range starts at $40/hour)
Reporting to the Art Director.
Please submit your resume and samples of work to [email protected]