Promote participation in democracy
HeadCount sits at the intersection of culture and civic engagement. We have a nearly 20-year track record of registering and turning out voters, both online and at live music events (primarily concert tours and festivals). Our key partners include Harry Styles, Lizzo, Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Dead & Company and Dave Matthews, as well as Spotify, Global Citizen and Paramount.
About the Position:
The Field Director oversees HeadCount’s field operations across the country. This includes leading volunteer recruitment efforts, actively supporting our volunteers leadership team and creating systems that lead to successful results. The Field Director also is responsible for ensuring compliance with nationwide voter registration laws and regulations via event tracking and in-office processing.
If you’re an experienced field organizer who also loves music and democracy, this may be the job for you. You’ll oversee an operation that includes thousands of volunteers all working toward the same goal — helping their peers register and vote.
Location: New York City
Salary Range: $78,000 to $90,000
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize monthly calls for volunteer leadership, advisors and grassroots partners
- Organize and lead HeadCount volunteer committees aimed at advancing diversity and inclusion in the organization
- Management of HeadCount Field Fellows program to develop new organizers and foster and sustain relationships with community organizations
- Disseminate key information and trainings to nationwide network of volunteer leaders
- Recruit, train and develop nationwide network of grassroots volunteers
- Work across departments to take a holistic view of the entire field campaign, filling gaps where they arise and elevating the quality of experience for all
- Provide regular, data driven impact reports to highlight successes and challenges in the field
- Be on call to problem solve and troubleshoot issues at events
- Ensure compliance in execution of HeadCount’s voter registration processing procedures while, investigating and finding actionable explanations for any instances where registrants do not end up on the voter rolls
- Manage on-site festival activations and represent HeadCount in the field as needed
- Be a champion of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our field campaign, including volunteer recruitment and staffing
- Communicate with all members of the volunteer ecosystem in a timely manner
- Support and build relationships with volunteer leaders on an individual basis
- Be a strategic and collaborative team player, always looking for ways to foster better results
- Be consistently nonpartisan at a time of extreme political polarization
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience at nonprofit organizations, campaign or a related field involving grassroots mobilization, peer to peer organizing or volunteer interactions
- Great people skills to manage various types of personalities
- Ability to work both autonomously and be collaborative
- Ability to problem-solve in a timely manner and be solutions-oriented
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Highly analytical thinker
- Highly driven and results-oriented work ethic
- Ability to rent and drive a van or other large vehicle to and from events nationwide
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to exchange accurate information, detect/identify documents and the information contained in them, move between areas in and out of the office to complete their role. The employee may need to move various equipment including a computer to their work location. Lift at least 40 lbs.
HeadCount is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we are better
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Field Director” in the subject line.