HeadCount’s Field and Community Fellowship offers a unique opportunity for New York City-based students to run voter registration and turnout drives. Ideal candidates should have experience in community organizing, voter participation and advocating for social justice. Prior experience in voter registration, Get Out the Vote (GOTV) efforts, community engagement and digital outreach are a plus. The Fellow will assist in the execution of HeadCount’s field campaign by conducting outreach to NYC-based community events and organizations and then staging on-the-ground voter registration drives.
- Commit to 20 hours/week for a four-month (semester) period
- Set up voter registration drives at HeadCount NYC-based community events and support HeadCount’s overall community engagement efforts
- Will entail multiple events per week after initial training
- Research and identify voter registration opportunities and reach out to event organizers to offer our services
- Liaise with HeadCount’s coalition partners and other organizations to set up and manage events, coordinate volunteers, share best practices
- Lead trainings and engage coalition partners as needed
- Lead voter registration drives at events, sometimes with support of volunteers and sometimes individually
- Work with HeadCount staff to document best practices for community engagement
- Consult with HeadCount team on communications, branding and messaging
- Field and Community Fellows will gain critical in-person and digital outreach experience in a fast-paced environment.
- The Fellow, with guidance from HeadCount’s Field Director, will help strengthen relationships with HeadCount’s community partners and establish best practices for outreach and engagement.
- Help young and diverse audiences engage in the democratic process
- $20 per hour
- Fellows must submit a summary of their hours worked at the conclusion of every week and provide detailed reports of their experiences in the field
Please email a brief cover letter and resume under the subject line “Field Fellowship” to [email protected].
HeadCount is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we are better together. In addition to federal law requirements, HeadCount complies with applicable state and local laws.