Editorial inters at HeadCount get hands-on writing experience and frequent bylines in the HeadCount blog, while also drafting content for social media and other platforms. They work alongside staffers with years of professional writing experience and get direct feedback about their writing and editorial skills. They also get experience in other aspects of the HeadCount organization.
- Content creation (blogging, drafting and proofreading documents, creating excel data sheets, performing research)
- Drafting and selecting social media content
- Tracking various media
- Long-term editorial projects
- General nonprofit management and administration
College credit is available. Interns must be willing and able to work at least 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, generally during business hours. Our office is located in the Garment District of Manhattan.
- Excellent writing skills and samples
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Nonprofit or social activist experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills required
Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Editorial Intern” in the subject line.