HeadCount is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the power of music and community to register voters and raise social awareness. We’re seeking two energized, creative, and dedicated team players to join our growing organization as our Diversity and Community Field Fellows.
The fellowship program provides an opportunity for young students of color to gain grassroots community organizing experience, and lead voter registration drives throughout New York City. Candidates must have a passion for music and civic engagement and will contribute to HeadCount’s national community initiative.
The fellow must be able to work 15-20 hours per week for 12-15 weeks in New York City, with 40% of the time spent in the office and 60% in the field. Fellows will be mentored throughout the fall term as they develop professional skills and receive a stipend of $2,500 distributed in 3 equal payments.
- Research and compile a list of non-ticketed events, organizations, and student groups aimed at serving communities of color, underserved groups, and students in New York City
- Organize voter registration drives and joint events with community partners
- Lead volunteer recruitment and engagement at community events and shows
- Conceptualize and create information material and content to use at community events
- Submit weekly reflection deliverable with feedback on events and tasks
To be eligible, applicants must:
- A student attending a two or four-year college, university or technical school
- Must come from an underrepresented group*
- Demonstrate leadership potential and interested in civic engagement in under-served communities
- Experience with community organizing and canvassing a plus
*For this purpose, underrepresented groups are those who identify as any of the following: Asian, East Asian, Pacific Islander, Black, Latinx, Native American, Middle Eastern, or multi-racial
To apply for this position, please complete the following Google Form Application AND send an updated resume with subject line “Diversity and Community Field Fellowship” to [email protected].
DEADLINE TO APPLY: DECEMBER 6th, 2019 11:59 PM EST.