We’re seeking a Director of Digital Strategy, who will play an important role in HeadCount’s work getting the vote out. Through an approach grounded in music and grassroots organizing, we seek a social media- and technology-savvy professional with a passion for democracy and an eye toward how digital media and culture can be used to further civic participation.
Responsibilities will include integrating new technologies into our operations, constructing voter registration campaigns with media and technology partners, overseeing social media accounts, managing CRM and advocacy software systems and related data intake, and shaping HeadCount’s overall digital strategy and execution.
About HeadCount: We’re a 15-year old non-partisan, non-profit organization that promotes voter registration and civic participation through music and culture. We work with hundreds of musicians ranging from Ariana Grande to members of The Grateful Dead, and stage voter registration drives at over 1,000 events each year.
- Strategy: Setting and executing high-level digital strategy that will assist HeadCount in its goal of registering and turning out voters.
- Partner Outreach and Management: Pursue and manage relationships with key digital partners
- Digital Communications: Develop and execute digital marketing and communications
- Oversee the creation of social media copy and content for the @HeadCountOrg channels and partners
- Track trends and new technologies and utilize best practices
- Develop impactful storytelling and creative campaigns through social channels
- Oversee the building and managing of communications calendars
- Oversee improvements and updates to HeadCount.org website
- CRM Management & Email Marketing
- Oversee the drafting and distribution of newsletters and email blasts
- Oversee the use of database and targeting for election reminders and other key communication
- Track and Integrate various data flow into a cohesive and useful database
- Reporting and Analysis: Compile and distribute regular reports to the internal team; utilize data to evaluate campaign efficacy; evaluate digital performances and seek areas for opportunity/growth
- Field Executions: Get out from behind the desk and get with the people
- Attend music festivals as a HeadCount representative
- Test out new technologies and digital activations
- Share live social media from key events
- Team Supervision: Overseeing one full-time manager as well as interns and volunteers
- Creative Marketing & Content Development: Lead with a creative mindset in everything you do – from introducing new technologies to integrating unexpected elements into HeadCount campaigns.
- 5-10 years experience in digital marketing
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- An in-depth understanding of social media platforms, industry trends, new technologies
- The drive to take initiative, work independently, and be accountable while also working as a team player
- Knowledge of politics and pop culture
- Passion for HeadCount’s mission of promoting civic participation
Additional Considerations (plusses, but not required):
- Experience with WordPress, Hubspot, Phone2Action, TurboVote, Rock the Vote’s voter registration tool or any other relevant digital platforms
- Experience with content creation
- Relationships and network in related fields
Commensurate with experience
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] under subject line “Director of Digital Strategy.”