APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED for Spring 2023.
Editorial interns at HeadCount get hands-on writing experience and frequent bylines in the HeadCount blog, while also drafting content for social media and other platforms. They work alongside staffers with years of professional writing experience and get direct feedback about their writing and editorial skills. They also get experience in other aspects of the HeadCount organization.
College credit is available. Requires a minimum of 15 hours (Fall and Spring) or 30 hours (Summer) per week, during business hours.
- Assist Social Media Manager in copy writing and posting on HeadCount social media channels
- Assist in developing and maintaining the monthly social media calendar
- Perform weekly social media checks and engage on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Create TikToks for HeadCount
- Work with the digital department on developing marketing strategies that reach Gen Z audiences
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills and samples
- Student working towards a degree in related field
- Nonprofit or social activist experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills required
This is an unpaid internship but college credit is available. Intern must be located in New York City or be able to work from a remote location. This is an excellent opportunity to hone your professional skills while gaining valuable and high-profile experience in the political, music or nonprofit arenas. Please reply with a cover letter and resume (as attached documents) to [email protected] with “Digital Marketing Internship” in the subject line.